Rachel Roth, also known as Raven, is a character in the fanon universe of Once Upon a Time in Gotham. She is portrayed by Teagan Croft and has no Storybrooke counterpart.
Raven is based on the character of the same name from DC Comics and the character from Teen Titans.
Raven was born in 2004 on in the parallel Dimension of Azarath to Angela Roth, also known as Arella. Rachel's father was the demonic entity known as Trigon. She learned how to control her powers by the being known as Azar. Eventually learning her true heritage, Raven fled to Earth to escape her destiny. ("Once Upon A Midnight Dreary")
- Rachel's superhero alias, Raven, comes from the ancient prophecy predicting Trigon's return.
- Rachel adopts the alias "Rachel Roth" based on her knowledge Rachel was her birth name and taking her mother's surname when she was known as Angela Roth.
- She was born in 2005.
- Considers Stephanie Brown her best friend, and vice versa.
- Rachel is a fan of the 1990s sitcom, Full House and the live-action HBO series, Game of Thrones.
- The latter of the two series is how she bonded with Dawn Granger.
- Most of the episodes focused on Raven reference the poem The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.
- "Once Upon a Midnight Dreary" is the first of the episodes, reflecting upon Rachel's mysterious origins and how she met Stephanie Brown and Gar Logan
- "Bleak December" refers on her fighting and defeating her father, and taking place in December.